Monday, October 29, 2007

Ready or Not, Here He Comes

My friend Rachel is in labor, and once Selah wakes up from her nap, I will be headed over there! I am very excited, and feel like I am the father or something--I can't quite think clearly, and am agitated and happy. Okay, so I probably don't feel as intensely as a real father would, but you get the gist of what I am saying, right?

I feel a little like I didn't get to be present at Selah's birth. I mean sure, I was there, but mentally, I was nowhere. When you are in labor, your body just takes over, and you halfway kind of black out (mercifully, I guess). I was the only person who didn't get to see her crown, to see her come out, etc., and I'm the one who had to do all the work! I know what you are thinking--did you really want to see THAT anyway?

And yes; the answer is yes. Beforehand, I didn't think so, believing I would rather die than have someone videotape my arse. However now I halfway wish I had had a video made, that I would watch one time, all by myself, and then throw away! Because I know it wasn't pretty, but I also don't know what happened.

Don't worry Rachel, I am not bringing my video camera.

Pray for her, for Patrick, and for Baby Wilson!

No comments: