Monday, July 23, 2007

Blogging is for exhibitionists

Okay, so hopefully I got your attention with the title. I figure I have to set myself apart somehow; everyone I know seems to have a blog these days. It's true though, I guess. Why else write about myself where other people can see my thoughts?
I thought I would make a blog for lots of reasons. Since you're here, you have to listen to what they are.
First of all, I like reading the blogs of those close to me (or sometimes those of people only medium-close to me). It tells me things they might not tell me themselves.
Second, I need to get back in the habit of writing.
Third, I have become possessed by a fear that I might let my life pass me by without remembering to notice or remember it. My baby girl already isn't a baby anymore. She can say "It's a slide," "It's a ball," and "It's a flower." I do believe that she thinks there is a word pronounced "itsha," which one attaches to the start of each sentence, while pointing wildly at the object of discussion. But I digress.
I think my fourth reason is somewhat related to my title. I am not an exhibitionist; I have, however, always been overwhelmed with a fear that I don't actually exist. While Jeremy would rather key his own car than put a sticker on it, I am tempted to have a "sticker of the day" section, where I express my views and show off tacky, girly art. I talk too much. I write my name on everything. Fearful? Perhaps. Possessive? Certainly. Maniacal? Most certainly.

So anyway, if you want into this maniacal, exhibitionist, possessive, and sometimes boring world of mine, read on and weep.

1 comment:

Jeremy Meehan said...

Yay! - another convert from the dark side of myspace! Can't wait to see what you write - *I AM WATCHING YOU* and I know you've been waiting to get back at me for some of the pictures I've posted without your consent =) I love you - especially the maniacal possessive exhibitionist in you!